There is so much GOOD in this little gold dish-full of Chutney. . .I hardly know where to start! IF there were nothing else, how about the color? Luscious cranberry color comes to us from Mother Nature(by way of Wisconsin) with no food additives.
- Beauty on the table for today, tomorrow or. . . .hey, an idea for holiday entertaining! Pretty just settin’ there, don’t you think?
- Time and materials. . . .very little time and very little cost .
- Taste. You want taste on your palate? Life getting a little ho-hum, is it? Honey, you can taste this!
- Versatile. Served on top of a brownie, as a compliment to pork-loin, spread inside of a turkey and provolone Panini? You decide.
- Health. You know,’an apple a day keeps the doctor away’ and cranberries have been added to the list of healthy super-foods!
- Make ahead. Whip up a batch and store until you need it!
Ingredients: Two large apples(peeled, cored and chopped fine), 1 cup fresh and lovely cranberries(it’s the season), 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of finely grated orange peel, 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider vinegar, 1/8 tsp of cloves, 1/4 tsp of nutmeg and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
Cooking it up: Put all in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring often throughout. Turn heat to low and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Take a little taste(don’t burn your mouth)to check that both apples and cranberries are cooked through to your liking. Cover and chill. You are going to be so very proud of yourself when you serve your Cranberry Apple Chutney and your guests ask for the recipe! Life is short. . . .be sure to share!
‘Thankful for Simple Graces’, got to love a happy- word reminder mixed in with daily life!
You don’t USE your good silver? Time’s a wastin’. . . .better start!
Buy up a few bags of the beautiful, Wisconsin cranberries and toss them in the freezer. They are at their very freshest in your local grocery store right now!
RED, in all her glory! I couldn’t resist adding a sprinkle of cinnamon. Let me know if you TRY this apple experience, will you?